Canal River Boat BuildersAre you looking for a quality canal boat built by expert craftsmen? Then welcome to Stuart Hearn Maritime Construction! Here at Hearn Maritime we build Canal Barge River and Coastal Motor boats and yachts in aluminium alloy.
Maritime believe sound hull structure is the foundation of any vessel. With what we describe as computer aided traditional boat building,we employ advanced technology but manually form and cut plates by hand. This gives the client the best of both worlds: the skill and eye of a boat builder combined with the time saving efficiency of a computer.
Canal Du Midi 13.5m
What is traditional boat building? It is the use of transverse framing, no messy stringers, which trap water. Yes doing it this way requires more skill, but having these skills is in itself rewarding. This combined with the advantages of aluminium integral tankage fuel tanks which require no painting. A structure that will last lifetimes if respected. A boat that encompasses all that the builder has learnt from a lifetime in the trade and at sea. All of our boats have a 10 year hull warranty (excluding normal wear and tear).
13.5 metre Coastal, River and Canal, Long Range MotorboatWe have designed this craft to fill what we see as a gap in the marketplace.
With the ever increasing cost of fuel we have given this vessel a strong slower type diesel engine capable of moving great distances at canal speeds and at the same time being able to stem the faster rivers like the Rhine and also to be able to make long coastal passages without refueling. She has moderate VEE for coastal passages. The design is for heavier plate aluminum the material of which the builder/ co designer has 30 years hands on experience with.
- 8mm hull
- 6mm Decks 8mm box keel with 10mm sole plate
- Marine ply deckhouses glassed over
Dimensions and Specifications
- Hull 13.77m
- Breadth 3.8m
- Depth molded .685m
- Draft 1m
- Fuel, 2300l, for both heating and motoring
- Range at 4.5knots 5000 miles which is canal legal limits(not enforced)
- Cruise sea 7 knots
- Max speed 9 knots
Choice of Engine
- John Deere 4.5 107shp @2400rpm driving 3blade through ZF45A 2.4 reduction
- Deutz 1013 series 4.043 litre
Choice of Layout
- 2 x doubles with unsuited cabins fore and deck salon, with galley UP
- 1 Double cabin down with galley down and deck salon
EquipmentThis boat will have the highest possible spec, it is envisaged that all an owner need do is bring along sheets and blankets and personal equipment. Typically she is equipped with:
- bow thruster, hydraulic, capstan and 100m chain with anchor
- All lines
- 6kw generator set
- Sealand vacuum toilets
- Trace 100amp inverter charger
- 24 vdc ships circuits 230 vac shore power with isolating transformers
- Force ten gas 3 burners with oven (or electric)
- Kohler diesel hot water reticulation for cabin heat
- Double glazed windows
- Large Weaver (as on Volvo ocean racers) hatch in salon roof, that could accommodate lifting of the engine in the unlikely event of failure / Weaver hatches coachroofx2
- All navigation equipment